Monday, January 12, 2009

Love is Gone

I saw him with a smile on his face
I ran behind him but couldn't keep it to his pace
I loved him first and confessed
He loved me too and was impressed
The sun shone brighter, flowers and butterflies around
Every time he uttered I love you he swept me off ground
With him I felt summer, winter and spring
Oh yes, we did exchange rings

The rides on the bike
Times he had to drop me back home and insisted for a good bye kiss
Our walks on the beach
Oh my joy, way too high no one could ever reach
Our warm cozy nights
Endless talks on phone all night
Times we patched up with a hug after each fight.....

Then came a time he had to leave to a distant land
Was hard for me to let go off his hand
Tears welled up and felt heavy at heart
Love knows not its depth until the moment you part
Yet I bid him goodbye
Hoping we’d be together again
But all I felt was nothing but pain

Months passed by and a year rolled out too
Our talks lessened and insecurities grew
Neither of us had the slightest clue
That its heading towards the end

Now, there was no more Sunshine or Butterflies around
I was shattered and could no longer stand on ground
All I heard now was just harsh and bitter words
Worse than swords!

The love we had, died
Although we tried
Memories have become nightmares
And Life has become death
As I think of him with every single breath.

-Daphne Pamela Mascreen-

No comments:

Post a Comment