Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A letter to Mom

Dear Mom, I am writing to you with tears
Thought you’d cover me from all my fears
I feared to come out of you
I feared how the world outside would be
Thought you’d still protect me
Wrapped up in darkness
I longed to see the sunlight.
I wanted to see the colorful butterflies
And the flowers bloom
Sadly I died in your womb.

My death wasn’t an accident
Mom, it was you who killed me
Why mom, why me?
I wonder what the reason could be
Didn’t you hear my silent plea?
I had dreams of being in your arm
Mom I did no harm.
Wasn’t I worth it?
You never liked me? Not even a bit?
Please don’t do this again
Oh Mom this is so much pain.

Will you tell my brother about me?
Or would you simply hide?
It hurts that you could never get to be by my side.
Will you ever think of me?
May be you will
When life comes to a “stand still”.
I hope you don’t forget me.
Remember from heaven will I see.


With love
Your unborn child.

- Daphne Pamela Mascreen-

No comments:

Post a Comment