Thursday, April 16, 2009

A letter to my Maker

Father I am feeling so down, so low
Wondering where to go
I know you are there,
No matter what when and where
Friends have come n gone
But you’ve always kept me strong
People have hurt n wounded me
It was then I realized in your arms I’d rather be.

I wasted half my life waiting for someone to come by
And to show me love that’s unconditional
How could I be so stupid and unreasonable?
There were times I felt deserted
On your promises I rested
Even though at times I have been unfaithful & ran away from your love
With a sad face and anticipation
You watched over me from above.

I am sorry for times I made you sad
There was this guilt in me that made me feel bad
I failed to realize that relationships we build may never last
Pain and agony was all that was there in the past
All though I did things that hurt you
You have given me a life, brand new
When everything fell apart
It was you who kept me close to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment